The guy behind the lens

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

2012 COUNTDOWN - THE WINNER!

THE 2012 COUNTDOWN - THE WINNER! 

Over the past week we've counted down the most popular 25 images of 2012 as determined by how members of the Blue Lion “Pride” responded to them during the year on various social media sites.  If you happened to miss any of the previous countdown posts just click on them here!


This photograph was taken from Garden City, South Carolina looking west across Murrell’s inlet to the village of the same name. I had gone out the night before in hope of shooting good sunset shots, but was greeted by a rather pedestrian sunset. A chance visit to the town of Garden City the following day let me realize there was a great vantage point across the inlet that would afford a much better view of the setting sun. This image was the result!


If you are in the Dallas area this coming summer and would like your children to get an introduction to Nature Photography, I will be teaching several weeks of Nature Photography Camp in June and July. I will post details when they become available in March. If you’d like to see some of the work of my “Nature Photography Campers from 2012 please click on the following links:
Thanks so much for all your support and encouragement this year. I am looking forward to an exciting and productive 2013!




3 comments:

Kay L. Davies said...

A spectacular photo, and a rightful winner!
K

Kerri Farley said...

I can definitely see why it won! Super Shot John!

Toad Hollow Photography said...

What a breathtaking picture, John! I followed along with the entire collection you posted and can see why this particular shot won top honors. Frankly, for me though, I'd never be able to pick my favorite from your catalog, all your shots are totally top drawer! We hope you had a great 2012 and that 2013 brings all you wish for and so much more, my friend! Thanks for all your support, friendship and encouragement, it has meant so much to my wife and I! Cheers!!!!